Natural | Low-Intervention | Organic | Bio-Dynamic
Our online store is a curated selection of customer and staff favorites. To browse our full selection, visit our shop in Cleveland Heights, Ohio!
Available for Pick-Up or Local Delivery to the Greater Cleveland, Ohio Area Only. We Do Not Ship!
Please Note: Images May Be From Previous Vintages. We Will Have The Most Recent Vintage Available.
What Is A Natural Wine? There are many different definitions, but will generally include some of the following criteria:
- Vineyards farmed organically or biodynamically*—certification is nice, but uncertified wines can also be considered natural.
- *In the United States look for "Demeter Certified". Named after the Greek goddess of agriculture, this is the only certifier for biodynamically farmed wines in the states.
- Hand-harvested only.
- Fermentation with indigenous (wild) yeasts.
- No enzymes.
- No additives (such as acid, tannin, coloring) other than SO2*
- SO2 levels no higher than 70mg/L total.**
- Unfined, and no (or light) filtration.
- No other heavy manipulation (such as spinning cone, reverse osmosis, cryoextraction, rapid-finishing, ultraviolet C irradiation).
- *SO2=Sulfur Dioxide. SO2 is a byproduct of fermentation and occurs naturally in wine. However, a lot of winemakers will add extra SO2 to protect wines from unwanted microbes and yeasts and to prevent oxidation. **Totally natural!